Five benefits to doing CELTA with us:
- We have permanent CELTA tutors who have worked together on a number of different CELTA courses. This means that the courses run smoothly, and you can expect both tutors to always be on the same page about every single aspect of the course, thus making it much easier and less stressful for everyone involved.
- Your TP (teaching practice) students come from different language backgrounds (some speak Latvian while others speak Russian as their L1). This gives you an opportunity to work with mixed-language groups. Both Latvian and Russian languages are very different from English, thus making your TP both more interesting and useful in terms of the teaching experience that you will get. Don’t worry, your tutors are well familiar with both the language and the cultural context and will be able to give you guidance and support!
- We have an extensive resource library with lots of reference materials and supplementary photocopiable resources which will help you with both your TPs and your written assignments.
- A lot of our experienced teachers were trained by us here in Riga. You will be observing some of them teach, which will give you an insight into how things work out for our CELTA graduates. There is also a possibility of finding employment with our school once you have passed the course (this will, of course, depend on the number of teachers that the school is recruiting for the start if each academic year).
- Riga is a vibrant European city – big enough to be lively and modern, and small enough to make getting around it easy and stress-free. This year Latvia is celebrating it’s 100th anniversary, which means that the summer will be packed with cultural events and outdoor festivals, allowing you a pleasant break from all the hard work on Friday and/or Saturday nights.